Tuesday 28 February 2012

Purse To Go for the Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 Damier

After having my first Louis Vuitton bag for about a week, I've been extremely careful with it making sure that I don't ruin the canvas as well as the inside lining of my bag.

 I've done quite a bit of research on the Speedy Damier & found that the Speedy's sag heavily & that the red fabric on the inside of the Damier fabric could be ruined easily by a pen mark or a makeup spill for example and there wouldn't be a easy solution to clean it. This lessens the value of your bag. (Louis Vuitton bags hold their value far more than other bags such as Gucci & Coach). Another con of the Speedy is that it has no pockets except for the 1 flap(which barely fits my iPhone 4). 


Speedy35 Damier. Structureless. 

Frustrated with all these issues that come with my beautiful bag I was determined to find a solution. I came across a forum where other Speedy owners posted about the; "PURSE TO GO" (http://www.pursetogo.net/)


"Purse To Go" is a transfer liner & organizer for your bag that makes it easier for you to switch bags without the hassle of moving each item 1 by 1. 

I was interested in the "Purse To Go" because I could use it in a multitude of ways;

1) holding the shape of my Speedy so it doesn't sag too much (I personally like the way it sags but just not to the point of where it looks like a Hobo)

2) protecting the red inside lining

3) providing many pockets for organization! 


Sizes;
Small = 9"L x 4.5"H x 2.5"W - 6 pockets - 2oz
Large = 12"L x 6"H x 3.5"W - 7 pockets - 2.5oz
Jumbo = 15"L x 7.5"H x 4"W - 8 pockets - 3.5oz
Extra Jumbo = 18"L x 9"H x 6"W - 7 pockets - 6oz


Louis Vuitton Sizing;
Speedy25 = 1 Large or 2 Small(for more pockets)
Speedy30 = 1 Jumbo or 2 Large(for more pockets)
Speedy35 = 1 Extra Jumbo or 2 Jumbo(for more pockets)
Speedy40 = 1 Extra Jumbo or 2 Jumbo(for more pockets)
Neverfull PM = 1 Large
Neverfull MM & Galliera PM = 1 Jumbo
Neverfull GM & Galliera GM = 1 Extra Jumbo

Prices:


Original
Print
Pocket Plus
Zip-Up
Small
$15.95
$18.95
$20.95
$20.95
Large
$17.95
$20.95
$22.95
$22.95
Jumbo
$19.95
$22.95
$24.95
$24.95
Extra-Jumbo
$22.95
$25.95
$27.95
$27.95



They come in a wide variety of styles as well as colours for you to choose from.

For my Speedy 35 Damier I purchased the Extra Jumbo in the Red Pocket Plus to match the original red lining. 
I purchased my Purse To Go through eBay. (They have an account for Purse To Go) for $27.95CAD + shipping
It came in about 1 week. 
My Speedy 35 Damier with the Purse To Go Inside Zipped Up
A look inside my bag with the Purse To Go
Purse To Go  



As you could see the Purse To Go lining matches the inside of my bag PERFECTLY.  From the colour and down to the way it fits my bag. Seeing the Purse to Go in Extra Jumbo initially I thought theres no way it could possibly fit inside my Speedy 35. It looked way too big! But once you place it inside your bag, there could not have been a better fit. I'd definitely stick with the size reccomendations. You could hardly tell that I have the Purse To Go inside my bag and Im just so amazed this product! The Purse To Go is also reversible so you could flip it inside out & its washable! 

Cons: I like the way my Speedy sags a bit but having the Purse To Go in kind of makes the bag look unnatural and somewhat boxy. But I think in time after I fiddle around with the Purse To Go I could make it more pliable and less boxy. 

Overall, I definitely, definitely recommend this if you have issues with switching bags or if you just want to protect & utilize your Louis Vuitton to the fullest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment