Friday 24 February 2012

Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizers

I've always been on the hunt for a system to organize my makeup! I have quite a bit of makeup and I can never find a efficient way to expose all the items in a way where I can see what I've got to use! I'm currently using 2 Sterlite plastic 3 wide drawer organizers from Walmart that are kind of crappy. Sure, they store my makeup but I have to stack everything on top of each other for them to fit. I wish I had more drawers that were more shallow. 
Sterlite 3 Wide drawer Ogranizer
 Some of my lip products (top view)
 Lip products stacked on top. So hard to see what I actually have:( 
Watching all the seasons of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", "Khloe & Lamar", "Kourtney & Kim Take New York," the list goes on and on! I noticed that Kim and Khloe have the cutest drawers to store their make-up! It looks like it stores so much makeup with only 2 drawers! I love how they're clear so you could see what you have in each drawer and I love how each drawer is shallow so you don't have to stack products on  top of each other! & they're so chic! 
Kourtney playing with Kim's makeup
I did some research and found 3 acrylic drawers that look very similar to what Kim & Khloe use for their make-up. Forewarning: they're not cheap! :( 

OPTIONS:

1) The Clear Cube: http://www.theclearcube.com/
The Clear Cube is made of acrylite acrylic which they state on the website as; "being the highest grade of acrylic."  The cubes are custom made as they're ordered and they also custom make the cubes to your preference! They also ship internationally. Shipping to Vancouver for 1 drawer is $222.07. They sell the dividers separately aside from the 5 drawer wide clear cube. 

 4 drawer clear cube (1 open hinged top drawer, 3 equal height drawers & 1 double height drawer) = $300.00 USD
5 drawer clear cube (1 open hinged top drawer & 5 equal height drawers) = $300.00 USD
5 drawer wide clear cube [closest to kim/khloe kardashian's] (1 open hinged top drawer, 5 equal height drawers & 2 grid inserts) = $350.00 USD
The Clear Cube 5 Drawer Wide Clear Cube - $350.00USD


2) Sherri Blossom Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizers: http://www.sherrieblossom.com/
The Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizers are made of Lucite by Dupont which is stated on the site as; "one of the world's most beautifully coloured acrylic." They also stated that they are the the top acrylic organizer company on the market. You recieve all 3 dividers when you purchase a Makeup Organizer. I believe they ship internationally(not 100% sure). It costs $96.90 USD to ship to Canada. 

Icebox Wide (1 top opened drawer, 5 equal height drawers + 3 dividers)[closest to kim/khloe kardashian's] = $375.00 USD
Shorty Wide (1 top opened drawer, 4 equal height drawers + 3 dividers) = $308.00 USD
Icebox Skinny (1 top opened drawer, 5 equal height drawers + 3 dividers = $345.00 USD
Shorty Skinny (1 top opened drawer, 4 equal height drawers + 3 dividers) = $308.00 USD
Sherri Blossom Icebox Wide - $375.00 USD

They ship to USA & Canada. On the site they don't state what the cases are made of. I would assume a cheaper acrylic than the ones from Sherri Blossom and The Clear Cube because the price points are on 2 different extremes! They charge a $4.00 handling fee for fragile items and you could only order 2 pieces per order. It costs $22.95CAD to ship to Vancouver. 

Acrylic 3 Case Drawer = $24.75
Acrylic 2 Case Drawer(large) = $25.25
Acrylic Case 2 Drawers with Lid (large) = $26.75
Acrylic Case 5 Drawer [closest to kim/khloe kardashian's] = $27.95
Muji Acrylic Case 5 Drawer - $27.95


In my opinion I would love to own The Clear Cube 5 wide drawers. They look super classy & chic! & they look like they're made of a better acrylic than the rest. I think I would have to purchase 2 in order to fit all my makeup in it. I just don't have the heart to splurge $700+ shipping = $1000 on acrylic cases at the moment! I've read up on reviews on the Muji Acrylic Cases. They're a bit too shallow. About the size of a quarter! Most of my foundations are larger than that so I don't think it'll work out. Let the money saving begin! 

2 comments: