Wednesday 15 February 2012

Holy Grail Skin Product!

I love discovering new products that are super under rated and are AMAZING! A couple of months ago there was the Sephora V.I.B sale for 40% off. I was waiting in line to pay and I was standing by the make-up counter that was in the store. There was a bunch of sample packs of Ole Henriksen "Truth Serum." I picked up 5 sample packages. I used them consecutively for 5 nights.  I have super oily skin that is very acne prone! I had a lot of acne scarring on the sides of my cheeks as well as my chin. On the 2nd or 3rd day I noticed that most of the acne scarring disappeared completely! My skin was left with this smooth radiating glow. I was so amazed by the Ole Henriksen "Truth Serum" that I immediately went out the next day to purchase it. When I was at Sephora, they had a limited edition holiday set that was out called the Ole Henriksen "Truth Revealed" that was $140.00 value but I purchased it for $99.00 CAD. In this set you get 0.5oz of the "Total Truth Eye Creme" SPF15 (value of $45.00CAD), 1oz of the "Truth Serum" (value of $48.00CAD) as well as 1oz of the "Truth Revealed Super Creme" with SPF15. This set is amazing because they're not all samples as you would assume it would be! 2/3 products are FULL SIZE! Amazing? I think so! The serum as well as the eye cream are both in full sizes. The super creme that comes in the set is 1.0oz but the full size is actually only 1.7oz and retails for $65.00CAD. So its still an amazing deal! I purchased the whole set for $99.00CAD but on the Sephora website its going for  $75.00CAD. I'm assuming that the prices dropped - another plus! 
Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Set. Limited Edition. - $75.00CAD

My thoughts on the products individually:

*Ole Henriksen "Truth Serum"; This serum is absolutely amazing! I saw results in 2-3 days and have been obsessed with it. I apply 1 pump of the serum after cleansing my face and before moisturizer at night and I only use it once a day, at night for best results. On the Ole Henriksen site they said its mainly used for all skin types and for anti-aging but that doesn't mean it'll limit the possibilities of what this product could do! 
Some main ingredients and the benefits; 
"Grapefruit and orange extract Purifying, astringent, brightening
Green tea extract Protects against damage with antioxidants
Licorice extract Evens out skin tone
Rosehips extract Repairs and strengthens with concentrated vitamin C
Sodium hyaluronate Binds moisture to the skin
Vitamin C Calms, heals and strengthens collagen
Vitamin E Heals, restores and nourishes"

I rate this product a 10/10!
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - $48.00 CAD


*Ole Henriksen "Total Truth Eye Creme"; This eye creme is super thick and creamy. I like it but I don't love it... I prefer other eye creams over this one. I apply it under my eyes with my ring finger as the last step in my skin care regimen. I found that some times when I'm not careful when dabbing on the product underneath my eyes & go too close to my water line the cream really stings! It's quite irritating.
Some ingredients & its benefits (from the Ole Henriksen website);
"Omega 3 happiness concentrate Improves microcirculation to treat dark circles and promotes happy eyes.
Tripeptide-5 Stimulates collagen synthesis to help eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
Micro Algae Firms skin and boosts collagen production" 

I rate this product a 6/10. 
Ole Henriksen Total Truth Eye Creme - $45.00CAD

*Ole Henriksen "Truth Revealed Super Creme"; This cream is super hydrating and when used with the "Truth Serum" they both can do wonders. I apply the super cream after the serum and before the eye cream. A little goes a long way! I use about a nickel size ball and its enough for my whole face! Another pro of this cream is that it absorbs quickly into your skin and doesn't leave that gross sticky feeling on your face. On the Ole Henriksen site they state that this cream has 3 main ingredients & its benefits;
 "Micro Algae Firms skin and boosts collagen production
Tripeptide-5 Stimulates collagen synthesis to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles
Omega 3 Happiness Concentrate Improves microcirculation for a radiant complexion and promotes happiness." 

& its also recommended from the Skin Cancer Foundation for Daily recommended usage! 
I rate this product a 9/10. 


I found that all the products had a overwhelming citrus smell (mostly because they're enhanced with potent vitamin C) that lingered around for a couple of hours. I didn't mind the smell but some of you might. Just putting that out there. 

I definitely recommend this if you have skin thats similar to mine or if you have stubborn acne scars that you just can't get rid of! This will do the trick! and I promise you that you'll see the difference in the 1st week of using it. Yes, Its that amazing. My niece, and everyone else thats heard me boast about this skin set is very doubtful and believes that I'm just making myself believe that it works cause I just don't want another skin care set thats failed on me. BUT, I've recommended this skin care set to my boss (he's a MALE) and he gave it a shot. He has normal - combination skin that is SUPER acne prone. He also has severe acne scarring from when he was a teen. (in his late 20's now) and he could not be more impressed with these products! He saw results in 2 days. So its not just me being cray cray! It actually works! 

I've used about 80% of the serum as well as the super creme and I've used about 30% of the eye cream. I'm definitely going back to repurchase the serum as well as the cream. I think I'll pass on the eye cream just cause I think theres better eye creams out there that suit my needs better than this one. 

Give it a try and post comments below letting me know how it went for you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment